Sunday, January 19, 2014

Welcome!

I have set out to build a Raspberry Pi arcade machine for my Gr. 12 Computer Engineering class. However, this is in fact my plan B; my plan A being a Raspberry Pi powered tablet. I had to abandon that project because my touchscreen hardware never arrived. Nevertheless, I am really excited to be a owner of a retro gaming system.

This arcade machine will be powered by the Raspberry Pi and will run PiMAME as the operating system. PiMAME is a multiple arcade emulator built on the Raspbian Wheezy OS. I will construct my own joy stick controller board with parts from Paradise Arcade Shop. The delicious Raspberry Pi will be encased with a 19" HD  monitor in a arcade cabinet constructed from MDF board. Upon constructing this cabinet I'll paint it flat black and print off some decals to give it a professional look.

I aim to use two emulators, MAME and SNES which are both included in PiMAME.

Without further adieu, let's Get Started!

No comments:

Post a Comment