Monday, January 20, 2014

Building the Cabinet

Arguably can be the best or worst part of the project, depending on your handyman capabilities of course. The arcade cabinet depends solely on the builder's preference.

For various build pans go here.
For pre-built kits go here.

I decided to with the Verticade by Koenigs.
However, I modified the cabinet by using 0.5" MDF board for the entire project and by disregarding any of the features that were designed for a PC based arcade machine since I am only using a raspberry pi.

Always make sure you have the right equipment for the job! I spent 7 hours cutting my cabinet pieces with a knife because my saw wouldn't cut properly!

Here is my version of the Verticade!
Constructing the first side with my finished cut pieces of MDF board
I used small wooden blocks to screw into and fasten the multiple pieces together.
4 sides later...
Side view
Done the construction!
First coat of black spray paint
Second coat
Finished cabinet!

No comments:

Post a Comment